- n rump or sirloin steaks
- 50 gm butter per 4 steaks
- salt and pepper
- n crusty rolls
Put the steak in a roasting tin you don't care about, put the roasting tin on
a chopping board and then hammer the steak well on both sides with a
steak tenderising hammer.
- Rub plenty of salt and pepper into both sides of each steak.
- Cut the crusty rolls almost in half, leaving just a hinge joining them, and toast the exposed surface under a grill.
- Heat the butter in a large frying pan, getting it as hot as you can without burning it.
- Fry the steak in the butter for no more than 1.5 minutes per side.
- Place each steak on a toasted crusty roll and serve with relevant condiments/salad.
Back to Meades Family Homepage