Spiced Chicken Balti
From: "The Indian Cookbook" by An Elk [sic], a collection of
recipes put together by Leo as a present for Rob on his
birthday, derived from http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/6303/spiced-chicken-balti.
- 4 skinless chicken thighs, sliced
- 2 large onions, thickly sliced
- one small jar of balti curry paste (200 gm)
- 200 gm quinoa
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes (400 gm)
- 1 litre (yes, really) chicken stock
- 50 gm roasted salted cashews
- 1 small bunch of coriander leaves, chopped
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Fry the onions in the oil for 5 minutes, until golden and
softened, then tip them out onto a plate.
- Add the chicken breasts to the pan and brown for a few
minutes on each side.
- Add the balti paste, quinoa and onions to the pan; sizzle
for a few minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and stock; give everything a good mix.
- Simmer for 25 minutes, until the quinoa is tender and
- Stir in the cashews and most of the coriander.
- Season with salt and freshly milled black pepper.
- Scatter the remaining coriander over the pan before
Back to Meades Family Homepage