Serve with 100 gm spaghetti per person.
- 175 gm lean minced beef
- 4 rashers unsmoked streaky bacon, rinded and finely chopped
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 small onions, very finely chopped
- 2 fat garlic cloves, crushed
- one 400 gm tin of chopped tomatoes
- 4 heaped tbsp tomato purée
- 8 tbsp red wine
- 2 heaped tsp dried basil
- Heat the oil in a thick-based saucepan.
- Gently soften the onion, bacon and garlic in the pan for 5 minutes approx.
- Add the beef, turn the heat up and brown.
- Add the tomatoes, purée, wine and basil.
- Simmer for 20 to 25 minutes for a concentrated sauce.
- Cook the pasta according to the cooking instructions on the packet.
- Season the bolognese well and serve with the pasta.
Back to Meades Family Homepage