Originally from: https://www.bbcgoodfood.com/recipes/1177/patatas-bravas
Makes: enough for 8 people as a side dish or as a component of
- 750 gm potato, peeled and diced into ~1 cm cubes
- olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400 gm tin chopped tomato
- 1 tbsp tomato purée
- 2 tsp paprika
- 0.25 tsp chilli powder
- 0.5 tsp salt
- 0.5 tsp sugar
- Pre-heat the oven to 180 C.
- Heat some oil in a pan and fry the onion for 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic, tomato, tomato purée, paprika, chilli,
salt and sugar.
- Bring to the boil and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Put the potatoes into a roasting tin, add some olive oil
and a sprinkling of salt then mix the lot together.
- Roast the potatoes in the oven for 60 minutes, until
crisp and golden.
- When the potatoes are done, add the sauce and mix well
Back to Meades Family Homepage