Orange And Passion Fruit Pavlova
- 3 oranges
- the guts from 4 passion fruits
- pavlova meringue base
- 250 ml double cream
- 6 strawberries (optional)
- Whip the cream to a relatively solid consistency (2.5 minutes at high speed in a Kenwood Chef).
- Plaster the cream over the meringue base.
- Segment each orange as follows:
- Sharpen your knife. You need a very sharp knife for this.
- Slice the ends off each orange.
- Slice off the skin and pith.
- Look for the edge of a segment and make a slice either side of it, down to the centre of the orange.
- Repeat, lifting out the skinless segments as you go.
- Place the segments on the cream, prettily.
- Spoon 75% of the passion fruit guts over the oranges.
- Place the strawberries in the centre of the arrangement to make it look right.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
- Serve along with the remaining passion fruit guts in a small jug.
Back to Meades Family Homepage