From: trad American.
Sufficient for an ordinary swiss roll tin.
- 340 gm butter
- 220 gm granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp golden syrup
- 340 gm dried fruit of your choice
- 560 gm self-raising flour
- good pinch of salt
- brown sugar (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180 C, gas mark 4.
- Grease and line the swiss roll tin.
- Melt the fat, sugar, and syrup in a saucepan.
- Mix in the flour, salt and fruit.
- Place in the lined swiss roll tin, adding a very light scattering of brown sugar on top if desired.
- Bake for 20 to 30 minutes or until golden.
- Leave to cool completely then cut into slices.
Back to Meades Family Homepage