Fresh Mushroom Soup
- 225 gm (one punnet) of chestnut mushrooms
- 500 ml vegetable stock
- 60 gm salted butter
- 3 tbsp flour
- the juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp parsely, finely chopped
- 250 ml unsweetened almond milk (or full-fat cow's milk if dairy is not an issue)
- salt & pepper
- Pureé the mushrooms with a hand pureé-er or a blender. If
using a blender you'll need a tool to press the mushrooms down and they
might benefit from a small amount of the stock to lubricate them.
- In a large saucepan, make a thick sauce from the butter, flour and stock.
- Add the milk, puréed mushrooms, lemon juice, parsley and some pepper.
- Cook for a few minutes.
- Add salt and more pepper to taste.
Back to Meades Family Homepage