From: our friend Kerry.
500 gm dried mixed fruit
- 6 tbsp rum or brandy
- 300 gm dark chocolate
- 115 gm butter
- 230 gm finely crushed digestive biscuits (put them in a plastic bag and roll a rolling pin over them repeatedly)
- Soak the fruit in booze overnight, agitating occasionally if you can to make sure it all gets soaked.
- Melt the butter and chocolate in a bowl over a saucepan of hot water.
- Stir in the fruit and finely crushed biscuits.
- Tip out into clingfilm, roll up into a sausage and put in the fridge.
- Keeps for 1 month in the fridge (yeah, right – like it lasts that long!) or 3 months in the freezer.
Back to Meades Family Homepage