200 gm blanched almonds (Delia says to blanche your own almonds; this is the lazy version)
- 200 ml olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tbsp sherry vinegar
- ~3/4 teaspoon salt
- 48 black grapes, halved
- 250 ml water
Put the almonds, olive oil, garlic and vinegar into a blender and liquidize.
- While still liquidizing, slowly add the water.
- You should get a thickish soup consistency; add more water if it is too thick.
- Add salt to taste - this soup is meant to be quite salty but your taste is master.
- Place in the fridge to cool right down.
- This dish appears to benefit from being kept in the fridge for a day or two: the tastes mellow and it might be worthwhile upping the garlic to the original 4 cloves at that point.
- Serve with the halved grapes, twelve per bowl.
Back to Meades Family Homepage